The Worship Commission touches most every part of our Parish Family. The Commission meets the 2nd Monday of the month in the main office at 7:00 p.m. to plan and discuss the liturgies. Volunteers are more than welcome to participate in all aspects of the Liturgy. Contact Deacon Mike Lang at email@example.com or the main office at 586-777-7543 x100 if you would like to volunteer. The requirement for all volunteers is that the person be in good standing with the church and include some training.
Brief ministry descriptions include:
- Worship Commission – a diverse of group of people from both sites who help to plan the liturgical seasons, events and weekly Liturgy.
- Lector –proclaims the reading of the day, Prayers of the Faithful, and Announcements. Anyone may proclaim after they receive the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- Eucharistic Minister – administers the Body and Blood of our Lord to the faithful during Mass. Anyone may be an Eucharist Minister after they receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- Altar Server – assist Father during the liturgy which includes solemn procession, setting the altar at the Liturgy of the Eucharist. An altar server can be male or female and have received the Sacrament of First Holy Eucharist (about age 8 or older)
- Sacristan – arrives about half hour prior to Mass and prepares the vessels, hosts, announcements, and otherwise prepares the church for Liturgy.
- Wake Ministry – Assists Father and Deacon to lead the prayers at funeral homes or in the church.
- Altar Society – maintains the cleanliness of the Altar, linens, vestments, and helps to decorate the church during the church seasons.
- Home Ministry – also works with Christian Service to bring Communion and prayers to our parishioners who are unable to attend Mass.